Friday, September 02, 2011

Oreo Cupcakes



  Yes, I am on some sort of cupcake high right now. I wanted to make a cupcake that would be like eating Oreos + milk, but without the mess. So I came up with this little recipe (thanks to the base recipe here).


Cupcake Ingredients
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Butter
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • 1 1/2 Cups Cake Flour (Or All Purpose)
  • 1 3/4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1/2 Cup + 1-2 Tablespoons Milk
  • 8-10 Oreo Cookies



Step One: Preheat the oven to 350°F and place cupcake liners in the pan. Put the Oreo Cookies into a plastic bag and crush them into small pieces. I would recommend taking the cream in the middle out before crushing them, or else you may end up with a gooey mess like I did.

Not so fun to scoop this out.

Step Two: In a mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter together. Then beat the eggs in one at a time and add the vanilla extract. Mix the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl, then add those to the creamed mixture well. When this is done, add the milk until batter is smooth. I added an extra tablespoon or two just to make sure the cupcakes were very moist. Add about 3/4 of the crushed cookies to the batter and mix until blended. 


Step Three: Pour batter into cupcake liners until the cupcakes are 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full. Before you stick them in the oven, reduce the heat to 325°F. This will help the cupcakes rise and make them fuller. Bake for 20-25 minutes until brown.


Icing
  I used the recipe for vanilla butter cream frosting from this website. I halved the recipe though, and added most of the remainder of my crushed Oreos to it. I then attempted to use a piping bag, but did not think it through. Even though I crushed my Oreos pretty small, they still got jammed in the tip. Unless you really smashed your cookies up, I would suggest you just ice the cupcakes with the back of a spoon. Not the prettiest, but the easiest/cleanest way. I then topped the icing with some cookie crumbs.



  Now I can have my cookies and my cake, too!

 -K

14 comments:

  1. Oh my, those look yummy! Thanks for posting.
    www.rebeccabany.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe and tutorial - I am your newest follower and thanks for sharing at www.thestuffofsuccess.com. Check back next Wednesday for the next Success U.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want those. Yum! I don't like Oreos unless the are in something.

    My boys grandmother makes these awesome Oreo truffles that I love also.

    Following you from the blog hop and added you to my networked blogs. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on some sort of cupcake high?! Now I am, after seeing these, lol. Delicious recipe, thanks for sharing.

    Following you from the Lots of Lovin’ Weekend Blog Hop. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the temperature change tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! They look delicious!! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh, you're bad for me... how am I going to get those cupcakes out of my head? Found you on Wild Wkd. Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love oreo cupcakes! I just did a post on some that are very similar just a couple weeks ago. :)

    Kimberly @ THE BROWN EYES HAVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! I gotta try this :) Visiting from the weekend bloghop1

    The Twerp and I

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks delicious :P Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM. looks soo good. Can't wait to try the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmmm.. these looks delish! I do LOVE Oreos and I also LOVE cupcakes! What a great way to have two of them in just one yummy recipe. thanks a lot for sharing this with us! Have a lovely weekend!

    hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!
I try to return the comment love whenever possible!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...