AboutSnippetsLifeSponsorLinks

Monday, August 15, 2011

Repurposed Window Frame



  This is a project that I did a while back, but it sits prominently in our living room. The window frame is something my dearest mother found and kept. I know I get on to her for keeping so many things, but sometimes the "trash" she finds is indeed treasure to someone else. When I saw this window, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. 
  I wish I had a before picture because it was definitely in rough shape. I spent many hours removing dirt and paint from the glass, but I think it was worth it. I painted it a beachy blue color then sanded down the edges to give it a rough look.




  I secured the pictures to the window using double sided tape on the front bottom of the pictures. However, if you were using pictures you wanted to keep afterwards, I would use magic tape and tape it on from behind so you don't ruin the photos. These tapes are pretty invisible and you can only see them if you are looking for them.
  This pictures inside are not taken by me, but I scoured the internet looking for the ideal set. The great thing about this, is that I can change out the photographs when I am bored of them. One day I hope to have a set that I took, which means I need to get to photographing, right?



Hope you enjoy!
-K


21 comments:

  1. That is fantastic! I just love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue!!! Following you back!

    -Amy
    Crafting by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter and I find windows quite often when we're curbside hunting.What a wonderful idea!

    http://trescherechattel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute project! I <3 it!

    Your newest GFC follower via the Planet Weidknecht Weekend Hop.

    http://silverfaeries-dragonflies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for that old window! It looks great!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your window frame/picture frame is one of the coolest and cleverest projects ever! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I have three windows that I cleaned and white washed, but I can't figure out how you hung the photos, let me know so I can copy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever way to display "unframed" pictures. I also like the bright blue color you chose.

    I have a Wednesday Bunny Hop Party going on right now... and you are invited :)

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Bunny Jeans Decor and More! (my main blog)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it - but i have the same question as Melanie. How'd you hang the photos?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Melanie
    Hey Melanie! Great question, I just used double sided tape on the front edges of my pictures. But I would use magic tape on the back if I were using real prints to not ruin them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I'm stopping by from "What Allie's Making". I just have to say I love your repurposed window!! Especially the color you have used on it!!

    I'm your newest follower. Please visit my blog, and hopefully follow me too. As I love making new friends!

    Jacque @ Jacque's Soda Parlor
    thesodaparlor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your window! Nice idea to put a picture in each pane!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you so much for linking up...I hope to see you next week!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this. I have a repurposed vintage window at http://handmadeandvintage.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the black and white against the blue! Thanks for linking to Thrifty Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely repurposing project! thanks for sharing this with us. we hope to see you at the party this week. have a lovely weekend!


    hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I’m a big fan of the color blue, and I have to say that you did a very fantastic work with the paint job! And yes, creating that rough look is perfect for the window because it really feels like it has gone through a lot – like the pictures in the frame. This is a remarkable project and a nice way to repurpose a window. :)

    Terry Arnold

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is incredibly artistic of you, Kristin! You made use of an old window frame as a picture frame. ^_^ You can even do a collage of small photos on each section. All it needs are more of your interesting photographs!

    Marla Hinds

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! I’m new follower of your blog and would like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop:
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/04/clever-chicks-blog-hop-32-crayon.html

    I hope you can make it!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!
I try to return the comment love whenever possible!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...