AboutSnippetsLifeSponsorLinks

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Apple Crisp


  Now that it's not blazing hot outside, I get to use my oven more often. Today's treat is a delicious apple crisp that will curl your toes. You know how people selling their houses will bake cookies to help make the place smell like a home? The smell of this apple crisp could make a back alley smell like grandma's. I got the recipe from here, and if you haven't tried it, you absolutely must. Let's get started!

Ingredients
  • 10 Cups Apples [about 8-10 medium sized apples]
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Flour
  • 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1/2 Cup Water
  • 1/2 Cup Raisins [optional]
  • 1 Cup of Quick Cooking Oats
  • 1 Cup Flour
  • 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
  •  1/2 Cup [1 stick] Melted Butter


Preparation
   Wash all apples, then peel [I chose to omit this step *lazy*], core, and slice into pieces.


  Place the chopped apples in a 9x13 baking dish. Mix together 1 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and sprinkle over apples. Evenly pour the 1/2 cup water over the entire apple mixture. [If you wish to add raisins like I did, now would be a good time to add them on top of the apples.]


  Mix the remaining ingredients together and crumble on top of the sugary apple pieces.


  Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. [If the result is too watery for your liking, I suggest pour the juices over the top of the crumbled mixture.]


  This would be a great substitution for apple pie come Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoy!
-K

10 comments:

  1. Looks YUMMY! Found you via blog hop! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My YUMMMMM! I never would have thought to add raisins. I like that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good. Yummm.

    www.feedingnineonadime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, my mouth is watering a little bit after looking at those pics... yum!

    Visiting and following from the Give a Hoot Blog Hop. Take care.

    http://subabaloo06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so yummy. Now following from the Give a Hoot Blog hop.

    http://mischeviousmonkeys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks yummy! LOVE the sugar and flour tins too :)

    Jenny
    http://simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good, I love anything apple! I am also a new follower of yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm delicious! I bet it made your house smell just wonderful!

    http://forkfabz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are fabulous! This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing this @ Show & Share! Happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love a good apple crisp. This recipe looks delicious!

    Lesleigh
    http://pearlsonastring.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!
I try to return the comment love whenever possible!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...